Adding an Email Account to Outlook
The following instructions will help you setup your email accounts in Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2007, and inform you how to access Webmail. If you have any issues please contact us and we can talk you through it.
Adding an Email Account to Outlook 2000
- Open Outlook or Outlook Express Express
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add and select Mail.
- Internet Connection Wizard will open; type your name and click Next.
- Type your email address and click Next.
- For "My Incoming mail server is a" select POP3.
- For "Incoming mail server", type: mail.your_domain.com (replace with your actual domain name)
- For "Outgoing mail server", type: mail.your_domain.com (replace with your actual domain name)
- For "Account Name" or "Username" , enter your email address. Note: the full email address must be used
- For "Password" type in the password, check "Remember Password" and click Next.
- Check the box that states "My server requires authentication" or "My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" - usually found in the Server section - Important!
- Click on Finish and Close.
Adding an Email Account to Outlook 2007
- In the Outlook file menu go to Tools -> Account Settings.
- On the Email tab click New
- Leave the default setting as "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP" and click Next
- Do not enter anything on this screen, instead check the "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" checkbox.
- Click Next
- Choose the default Internet E-mail
- Click Next
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- E-mail Address: Your full email address
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: mail.your_domain.com (replace with your actual domain name)
- Outgoing mail server: mail.your_domain.com (replace with your actual domain name)
- User Name: Enter your full email address. Note: the full email address must be used
- Password:Enter the password for your email account
- Check the "Remember password" checkbox
- Click the More Settings button
- In the first box for "Type the name by which you want to refer to this account..." enter a meaningful name to refer to this account, such as your email followed by Amity so you know it's our server email
- Click the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox - Important!
Note: do not check a box that refers to "this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) or "Logon using secure password authentication (SPA)
- Click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
You can you send and receive emails anywhere, at anytime, using our Webmail facility which you can access from your domain name. Just visit www.your-domain.com/webmail/ and login with your email address as your username, and the password above. You then have the option of using two webmail clients, Horde or SquirrelMail. Using Webmail you can also change your email password and add an Auto responder to reply with the message of your choice when you are away or on vacation.